couldn't resist...my first chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kahlua, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    I have been planning on getting some eggs to hatch for a while - I just started my first batch incubating on 2/26. But then a few days later I got the e-mail from Tractor Supply about Chick Days and I just couldn't resist!!
    I checked around all the stores within an hour's drive last week but none had breeds left that interested me, and I didn't want to settle. They told me to call back this week - so today I called around and found that one had some Silver Laced Wyandottes which is one of the breeds I was hoping for. So I raced up there to pick some up before they sold out.
    I picked up 8 of the little guys...they are super cute, I am very excited!! I found on this forum that I could feather sex them - I *think* I have 4 boys and 4 girls, but it could just be 3 girls, there is one I keep going back and forth about...but I didn't want to stress them too much the minute I got them home!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    What cuties!! :)

3. bigchiefhoho

bigchiefhoho Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    Aww, cute! I wish our TSC had had a few of those - I love their stripey little heads.

4. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    Question - 2 of the chicks seem to be a bit lighter colored...their heads are sort of rusty. Is this normal variation in the SLW's or did different colors get mixed in? It isn't a big deal if they did - I'm just curious!

5. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    They are so cute! Congrats. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by