Couldn't wait... had to get chicks!! * PIC HEAVY* Genders???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cabinonalake, Apr 8, 2012.

1. cabinonalake

cabinonalake Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]My 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks, really hoping we have a future hen and roo.. Really wants 1 Roo to protect our gals.. Any guesses on gender?? I was thinking the one with brighter lines was a roo, it also is a little bit bigger than the other.. I read that un even patterns meant a pullet... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got these 2 little fuzzy butts from a couple who breeds silver laced wyandottes for only $3 ea. thought it was a pretty good deal seeing as mypetchicken (the hatchery that our other chicks will be coming from) were more expensive than that, as well as the feed stores!

2. xoxocammyxoxo

xoxocammyxoxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I couldn't help myself either, I had to get chicks yesterday. I just HAD to.

3. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    I ordered our other 10 chicks from mypetchicken 2 months ago, and have another 6 weeks to wait until they're shipped... the wait was just WAY to long!

4. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    CUTE! They're so sweet. Congrats on the new babies

5. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    Ugh. I know. I just ordered 7 chicks (my first chicks) from MPC about two weeks ago and I still have to wait until May 21st to get them. :( the wait is killing me! Hope you get a roo and a hen, cabinonalake. Good luck with your babies!

6. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    thank you! My shippment from MPC comes on May 21st as well! I could have gotten it sooner but I decided to get a welsummer with my other pullets which pushed back the order date...

7. Peep lePleaser

Peep lePleaser Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Cant wait for my babies either! Have 2 broodies and they will be hatching April 13th and 14, and again April 27th and 28th! 25 altogether, and candling them, it looks like theyre all fully loaded! :)) Pics to come!

8. shadow rabbit10

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    My birds all had an order date of April 16, but at the checkout, it said May 21. So i figured, if I have to get them then, I might as well add an orpington to the mix![​IMG]

9. cabinonalake

Feb 6, 2012
    I cannot wait to get my BO gal! they are so pretty!

10. shadow rabbit10

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    I got one too![​IMG] How could I resist those big balls of golden feathers?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by