Count you chickens name them one by one.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cutiecochingirl, May 14, 2010.

1. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Hi people of BYC my name is cutiecochingirl and I have way to many chickens..... well yeah way to many. I have 4bantam Buff Orpington's 2 bantam Barred Cochins 1 Wellsummer\\Buff Orpington mix 1 Millefleure du'ccle 3 Silkies 5 bantam Blue Splash Cochins and well I cant think of any more. Please share some things about your chickens. Like how many you have how many you want to have what kind of breeds that you want and so on so forth.... Thanks!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Check out my website to see all my animals!
    And [​IMG] from N.C.!!

3. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

1~ Black Australorp hen= Chickie chickie
    2~Araacauna hens= Robin(red breast) & Purl(white on white)
    1 ~ OEG rooster=BENjaROO
    3~ BA/OEG peeps, =Benson, Yootoo, & Gray'd( could be Gracie, Grady or Greg, just waiting.

4. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    That's cool! I have a bantam barred cochin pair named Buddy and Petunia, a mottled cochin pair named Pebbles and Bam Bam, a white cochin pair named Elvis and Q-Tip, a black frizzled cochin hen named Happy, and my Splash cochin rooster's name is Abner and his splash hens are Princess, Dora, Peanut, and Lizzy. They are all so sweet. I take my Petunia roller skating and she likes to swing on the swing with me and by herself and she likes to go on wagon rides around the block. My sister will pull the wagon and I hold Petunia and she talks to me the whole time. She likes to get hugs and kisses and will follow me around the yard asking to be picked up. I kiss her every night before I close her coop. She is my baby. I also have my little mille fleur d'uccle hen Millie. She's one of my favorites too, she's so pretty and has lots of pretty colors. Those are just some of my favorites. I also have an amber sexlink hen named Omelet that I like to hug and kiss but she's in the big bird coop. She is the sweetest bird and when she was little I used to flip her on her back and carry her like a baby. She has a sister named Poachy that is just as sweet. Omelet is red and Poachy is red and white. My babies!!! [​IMG]

5. smallcitychick

smallcitychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Central Washington
    I have:
    1 EE roo (Steve)
    2 EE pullets (Nikki and Alissa)
    2 SLW pullet (Flappy, and one unnamed)
    2 Brown leghorn pullets (Cairo and Cleo)
    1 Brown leghorn roo (Rooster) [​IMG]
    3 GLW pullets (TJ, and 2 unnamed)
    2 white cochins (princess shanghai and Jenny)

I had my 4 year old DD and 6 year old DS, and my 3 and 5 year old neighbors help me name them [​IMG]

I think I'm going to give Rooster, Cleo, Jenny, and the 3 unnamed laced wyandottes to my mom and get a buff orpington and maybe an australorp in trade back from her [​IMG]

6. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Can we add pictures of our chickens and the eggs they lay??? [​IMG]
    I have 1 Black Minorca named Marjorie Fischer
    1 Production Red named Alice
    1 Silver Laced Wyandotte named Godiva G
    & 2 EES, one white one named Delilah Trouble D and a Brownish/buff one named Molly McGee
    They are the sweetest bunch of fluffy butts and they all started laying this week, Marjorie being the first to lay on Mother's Day!
    And [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Mable and Margret, the two RIR's
    Sarah Jo and Sugar, the two Silkies
    Harriet the Modern Game Banty
    Penguin the Silver Laced Wyandotte
    Mary Sunatra the Black Sumatra
    Muffin the Bearded Buff Laced Polish

In the past we've had:
    Skippy and Bluebell the 2 silkie roosters, re-homed
    Angel and Bandit, Buff Orpington and Barred Rock
    Kimberly the Campine
    Amber the Brown Red MG

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have so many chickens I don't even know how many I have! LOL All I
    know is that I have too many!!! I know I have at least over 80 ... but probably over 100. [​IMG]
    I have most of them named so it's kind of hard to think of all of the names. But I list as many as I can think of!

Julia
    J.T.
    Lucy
    Sally
    King
    Princess
    Prince
    Pricilla
    Chickadee
    Amber
    Dawn
    Lucky Ducky
    Chicken
    Chicken Pie
    Squawk
    Peaches
    Mo
    Mr. Puffy Man
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy
    Sophie
    Tweedy
    Mystery
    Fly
    Blue Boy
    Mr. Chubby Chipmunk
    Cindy
    Bella
    Cutie
    Gracie
    Lilly
    Bluebell
    Angel
    Audrey
    Bonnie
    Blackie
    Penguin
    Rose ( But I call her Rosey )
    Pozey
    Fancy
    Peanut
    Tinkerbell
    Buttons
    Beepbeep
    Mrs. Lions
    Mrs. Von Poofy Head
    Ruby
    Buffy
    Snowy
    Snowball
    Snowflake
    Snow
    Parrot
    Belle
    Sparrow

Mind you, this is only the chickens that have names, that isn't all my chickens! lol It's kind of hard to name 50 Buff Orpington hens that all look the same ...

I would love to start breeding silkies, I have 6 right now. But I don't think they would have very good chicks, and I don't have enought pens to do that right now.
    Here are the breeds I would love to get:
    Black Australorps
    More EE
    Buff Orpington Bantams
    More Old English Game Bantams
    More BR bantams
    RIR
    Polish
    More cochins and tons more silkies. There are alot of other breeds I want, but there as so many I don't think I could remember them all! LOL
    I would love to have a huge nice coop, I currently am using an old room in a old barn to house my chickens, but it is SO NASTY and stinky I can't hardly go in there and my chickens are getting mites again and I can't get rid of them because I can't clean out the coop. I can't get anyone to build me anything so I just have to manage with what I've got. J.T. one of my pet BO hens is setting 19 eggs I don't know when they're due, but they are suppost to hatch in the first of June probably. So I am really excited about that!
    I am also really excited about getting some Button quail in a few weeks and some guineas and some baby chicks from my friend! I can't wait to get them. I love to take pictures of my chickens when they're free ranging and post them on here. I have quite a few pet chickens that love for me to hold them etc. I lost my favorite Buff orpington hen, Sunshine, to our cat it was so sad she was ripped apart in my coop ... I didn't know it was her until I couldn't find her anywhere so I knew it must have been her. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  9. chickensandkittens

chickensandkittens New Egg

May 16, 2010
    Alabama
    Hi! I'm Tracy and I love chickens and kittens. I have 6 hens, 6 kittens, 9 children, 12 grandchildren, and one husband. All the kids are grown except for our 10 year old daughter. We live in Southern Alabama. Outdoors, animals, and gardening are the best things in the world for one's emotional well-being. I found the BYC site because I just lost my first chicken tonight. It's so nice to know that someone is there and understands. Thanks.

10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I have

Mottled Cochins- Spot, Dot, Speck and their baby Chip

Silkies- Luna, Ivy, Rose, Poppy

Rosecombs- Marry, Cherry

Silver Duckwings- Sarge and Lilly

Silkie/Cochin- Honey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by