Countdown Begins! Baby Goats Soon!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Dec 4, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Tomorrow is Day 142 for Sugar and Holly, Day 141 for Paula Dean...and probably about the same for the two 'wildcard' does, Annabelle and Emma whom I don't have exact dates on.

This kidding batch is a box of chocolates, for sure. Some of these does have two or three potential husbands (WHOOPS). I've got my fingers and toes crossed for some blue eyed babies by Billy Boy Blue! Billy and the other potential father, Hank, are both totally unproven...so we don't even know what they're genetically capable of. Should be fun! I can't wait!

Sugar looks like a single. Holly also seems to have another single. Paula probably twins. Annabelle MIGHT be twins or one really big single. Emma, guessing twins again, too.

Stocking up on coffee, and digging out the long johns! FlightsofFancy - hope you can make one of these births this time!

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is so cool... I've got 2 months to go before my first ever kids are born here. We will look forward to seeing pictures of the new little ones as soon as possible. [​IMG]

3. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    I've given up on my does giving birth. Thought they lost their plug over a month ago, have now convinced myself I was seeing things. Glad I'm rid of that buck though since apparently he didn't do his job.

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:LOL Now that you've said that, you'll have a surprise in the morning! Ya know - they CAN loose their plug up to about a month before kidding. I've oft been heard saying, "You don't know they're pregnant until they're pushing!" Too true...[​IMG]

5. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    If they want to keep their peaceful living they better kid soon. I'm about to turn them back out with the younger goats where they get harrassed more. You know those babies, they love to play. I only have 5 goats...one 4 yr old mamma that is raising two billies in a pen of her own, and then these two that are approx 1.5 yrs old, and then a billy and doe together that are only a few month old (this year's crop). They are all side by side in different pens. I love movable pens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by