Country Livin' : homemade delights

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by auntdover23, Mar 25, 2017.

1. auntdover23

auntdover23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2015
    Hi everybody!!!

This is a thread where we can share our own recipes. They can be handed down, our very own made-up recipes, or simply our favorite things to conjure up in the kitchen! We can share our experiences in the kitchen and try out each other's recipes. We can post pictures of our dishes and discuss making them!

All y'all who love cookin' in the kitchen will be sure to love this thread! I, myself, absolutely LOVE cookin' and tryin' new recipes! I bake a lot, and when I do I try to figure out ways how to make it myself and make it mine! It is one of my passions, and I would love to be able to learn from others with more experience than me. So I will start with one of my favorite dishes. It is a delicious family recipe:

You will need:

~two cups of rice
    ~four cups of water
    ~9x13 pan
    ~tomato sauce (doesn't matter what kind)
    ~a cup or two of shredded cheese (preferably cheddar)

What to do:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF

2. Cook the rice (in the water).

3. When rice is done, put into 9x13 and pour tomato sauce over it.
    Spread desired amount of cheese over rice and tomato.

4. Put in the oven and leave until the cheese is completely melted.

5. Take out of oven and serve up!

I hope you enjoy this simple, yet delicious dish!!! Please post your favorite recipes and try mine! it really is scrumptious! Of course, that is my opinion, and I would love to hear yours!

Happy cooking!!!

2. auntdover23

Apr 6, 2015
    Btw this recipe is called rice, cheese, and tomato. Hahaha hard to remember, right?

3. auntdover23

Apr 6, 2015
    Also, I learned form my mom, when your tomato sauce jar is empty put a little water in the jar, close the lid, shake it around, and then pour out over whatever you are using it for. This way you get more out of it! Just a little friendly tip [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I do this with catsup and bbq sauce, mostly when I make beans. Just made some yesterday, in fact. Used up the last little bit of catsup and bbq both.

5. auntdover23

Apr 6, 2015
    Cool! I never thought to do that!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by