Country Roo and the Dobe

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by secuono, Mar 25, 2011.

1. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Well, today I had opened the door for the two Roos, they didn't come out all day. Eventually it was time to lock up my flock, while out there, I saw Meanie picking on Country Roo. So I went on in, Meanie growling and so not ok with it, picked up Country while he pecked at me a few times. It doesn't hurt when he does it, when Meanie does it, he draws blood and leaves marks...ugh. While I'm caring him out, I stick him through the little opening first while I'm trying to figure out how to get the rest of me out all the while holding the bird. And my Dobie wanders up to sniff the Roo, Country isn't happy about it and pecks him on the nose! Lol, Dobie growls and barks in his little annoyed voice and I laugh saying 'that's what you get for being so darned nosy!' I get out and he is still unhappy about the 'attack roo', set him down near the other 3 rooster's lean-to pen. Told Country Roo that when his spurs show long and sharp, he better use them on the little dog when she ever escapes again! 'Just kick her little furry butt into the ground!' [​IMG]
    That's my little story, now I've got 4 night/day free-ranging Roos. Mean 'ol bird in the big pen, I got to find him a new home, he beats up all the other birds, goes for me, no-no!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

3. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Well, he went back home to his "abusive spouse", lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by