1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

County Fair and the Turkeys?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lostinthewoods, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2007
    Hayward, Wisconsin
    My DH and I are really looking forward to the fair again this year. (We volunteer and have a blast talking with all of the ppl) We were thinking about entering one of our younger turkeys, and a few other things, but we are a little concerned about where the turkeys stay during the fair. They are housed in the same barn as the chickens...is this going to be a problem? If so, is there anything I can do to prevent it besides not bringing it there? Thank you in advance and as always, I look forward to your responses! [​IMG] I will put some pics on here in a few minutes. [​IMG] My second question is are these pics fair worthy? [​IMG] I just snapped them with the digital camera to show some of my city friends what these animals actually look like...well, aside from Bandit of course. lol! Thanks again! [​IMG]

The turkey on the right is "Mr. Tom" the turkey we're thinking of entering, and also this may be one of the pictures I would like to enter.......let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

This is the chicks picture I was thinking of entering....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture is "Bandit" our red heeler and I was also thinking of entering this pic as well. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2007
    Hayward, Wisconsin
    Come on everyone..........they can't be THAT bad! lol! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Tom is a good lookin' fellow! Sure, why not enter him? Don't the folks who run these fairs take good care of the animals? I don't think I'd worry too much about hwo they house them. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by