Coup in the Coop?

duckking

Songster
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
Cascade Foothills, WA
My ducks are definitely ready to start laying. Bought them a new spacious doghouse all comfy with bedding and a ton of straw. Put in a couple of golf balls so they'd get the idea. And where do I find them lately????? Hanging in the chicken's nest boxes in their coop!!! Two of them specifically, my Mallard, Price and my Rouen, Soap. Doesn't seem to be bothering the chickens, but I definitely want to discourage this. I have removed the ramp, as the chickens usually just go over there from the roost and vice versa and most of the time, the chickens just fly up. I rarely see them using the ramp. Hopefully this will discourage them as Soap anyway, can't fly that high up.

They have been wandering over to the doghouse and they kind of peek inside....the chickens, of course, didn't hesitate to just go in and roll the golf balls around. Could the golf balls be discouraging the ducks from going in? Like.....ooooh someone else has taken that spot......I've tried having a talk with them, but they only listen unless I have treats in my hand.....

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom