1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

couple more coop questions

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JohnDeereCracker, May 18, 2009.

1. JohnDeereCracker

JohnDeereCracker Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Middleburg, Florida
    ok I am almost done with the coop and am contemplating a change. I think I am going to leave at least one wall open (wire) to help maintain some cooler temps. But I had it all planned out for four walls and now need to readjust the interior. with that said here are the questions:
    1. can i put the nest boxes (3) closer to the floor and put the sleeping roost bar above the boxes?
    2. would the roost and/or nest boxes be better on the solid wall opposite the open wall? or would it be ok on one of the side walls?
    thanks for any advice given. you guys have already been a big help in my first endeavor with chickens.

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I would not put the nestboxes under the roost, because they will be real nasty with chicken poo.
    may be you can post a picture for us, will be easier to answer.

Omran.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by