1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Couple of Pics from a Beautiful Fall Day

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Nov 6, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Caught a couple of my second-in-command, Mace. He's doing very well, watching out for one group of girls while Dutch watches over the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my Victoria-she is being mated by the roosters and her comb and wattles are bright red, redder than her sister, Virginia's. Should see eggs anytime now from her, I'd think.
    [​IMG]

Poor molting bare-bottomed Becca!
    [​IMG]

Dusty, 17 Wks Old, one of Suede's new ladies:
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    BEAUTIES AS ALWAYS !!! and Mace has turned into quite a handsome rooster.

Henry

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very pretty chickens, except for the naked butt one, reminds me of the scarecrow pumpkin picture [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Thanks. Henry, I think Mace is turning out better than I expected, though he has one too many points on his comb. He's filled out quite alot, but he'll never be as broad and stout as Dutch. They do well looking out for their 40-something women.
    I agree, poor Becca! She's lost her tail, her bottom fluff and even some weight. Molting is so hard on them.

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Awww Look at him! All grown up! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

I love the color on this particular maple. Why cant it last about six months??!
    [​IMG]

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I LOVE Victoria's feathers. Their so bueatifull. All I have a plain white leghorns [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by