couple questions for tammrow day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 29, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok so I was wondering how long they can be internaly pipped befor the pip the shell and still be ok , It sounds like I have 3 or 4 with there air cells pipped yet I do not see any external pips , will they suffecate if they go to long ? and how long is that?
    Im thinking if I am hearing them now theyll probly pip sometime in the morning hten it could be tamrow night or the next day till they hatch??
    I hatched one little egg , my first go round lol I tease people I had a 100% hatch on my first try , so far all 14 of these are good and full and moveing I am hopeing I get another 100% [​IMG]
    How often do chirping rocking live eggs that make it to day 20 die?

2. ashera

ashera Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Sending happy hatching vibes to you.

Don't think negative, because there are a lot of reasons they might not be able to hatch, most likely they will.

No rushing allowed, sit back, enjoy, try and have everything as it should be, and let nature do the rest. SHE usually knows what she is doing, it's us that flub up.........even then she's forgiving most of the time....

Have fun......relax

3. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    when they do an internal pip they are getting some oxygen the egg has pores in it. when the air in the air sac gets to bad the involutary reflexes causes jerking in their muscles and this is what causes the external pip its the same thing that causes the internal pip. Sit on your hands even when they do external pip they can still just sit there for 24 hours absorbing.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have decided to drown my senses , lol I have extrem makeonver home edition on my tv and im playing startrek voyager on my lap top and reading on here , I may need stronger fortification to sleep though.[​IMG]

5. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    Congrats and patience. My are chirping and starting to pip also. I have 1 external pip that I am hoping is here in the morning. They are not due to hatch until Tuesday, but with all the problems I have had with them, I am glad they are hatching at all. Problems such as: hubby putting stuff on top the incubator and the temp getting up to 110, not only once after being told, but 3 times - read your paper and magazines in the other bathroom. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by