Couple ?'s about my chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieCRZYness, Jun 9, 2008.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Hi im new on here and i have a few ?'s about my chicks. i had a plymouth rock roo and white leghorn females. jw what kind of chicks these would make there hatching today and the first one is yellow just like the white leghorns were. i thought they would be like a legbar???

ALSO, what does ee stand for because i think i have one. the game looking birds that have lots of colors, tall tails, and blue legs, look kind of mean...

AND LAST, sorry im new on here and love chickens, i also have this red roo i just got from a friend...he has some dark feather coming in on his tail, hes about 8 weeks old and pretty big, but i dont think hes a rir, could he be a red broiler? thanks alot everyone!!!

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    HEY!!! Welcome to BYC! Its great, you will love it here. I can only help you with one question as I am pretty new also. EE stands for easter egger. Because they lay colored eggs. Thats funny you say yours looks mean, thats what my hubby says about mine! Glad you joined us. Someone with more knowledge will answer soon!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  3. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    thanks for the reply and the warm greeting...and i figured thats what it meant...do you know if amauracanas look like ee's?

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    From what I have found online they do. There are ways to tell them apart. I don't remember right off hand what they are. However there are a few helpful web sites out there. Just type in the breed. There are also quite a few people on here that can tell you exactally what to look for. I thought thats what mine were because I bought them from the feed store and they were labeled amauracanas. However they more I learned here I am pretty convinced that I have ees. Mine have not started laying yet. So I don't know what color eggs they lay.

5. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    ok well it is probably an ee then, still curious what my other chicken is, i hope its a rir but it looks like a boring, meat bird. ne pictures i could look at to decipher this bird to see what kind of "red" bird he is??? thanks alot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by