Courtnix Hemorids?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LeaLandHouse, Oct 30, 2013.

1. LeaLandHouse

LeaLandHouse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    North Bay, Ont
    One of our female Courtnix has what appears to be a very large hemorid...it looks like her vaginal walls have come out...we've segregated her from the others and put her in the brooder with the baby chicks...
    does anyone know of a cure for this...it appears we can push this back up inside but it just flops back out again
    she doesn't appear to be in distress...
    who can tell us what is happening here
    thanks

[​IMG]

2. USAmma

USAmma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I had a parakeet that did that-- it's prolapsed uterus. We had to put our bird down. Not sure if you can save your quail or not. It looks pretty bad. Would love to see what others here think.

3. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    you can very carefully put it back be sure your hands are extra clean and use a bit of veggie or olive oil on your finger and tuck as mush as you can back up inside. a dab of hemorrhoid cream like Preparation H might help and keep her extra warm and away for the other birds so they don't peck on it. You could try taking her to a vet but most people do not want the cost for these little birds. good luck

4. LeaLandHouse

LeaLandHouse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    North Bay, Ont
    yep that worked...she lived and she's productively laying eggs again...thanks for that information...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by