Covered Bridge Festival

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CMTSMWC, Aug 11, 2011.

1. CMTSMWC

CMTSMWC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Just curious as to how many of you know about CBF or are planning on attending. I LOVE that time of year, the traffic is horrible but you get used to it and learn ways to avoid it. I live right in it which is frustrating and entertaining at the same time. I was born during CBF and my birthday always falls during it! Great time of year lol If you don't know anything about CBF here is a place for some information:

http://www.coveredbridges.com/index.php/covered_bridge_festival?cfid=11

I hope to hear from you all, and if you haven't been to CBF, it is a neat festival, the first one was in 1957! Still goin strong

2. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    Havn't been there in a few years but always enjoyed it. Gotta love all the beans being cooked on a open fire. If you like to eat it's a great place to be.

3. CMTSMWC

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Definitely, any fried food you can think of and then things you would never have guessed would be fried is there.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My family has been going there and lately it has not been good, everything was so expensive and overpriced, even for hot dogs. Too many people going there and slow and bottle necked traffic. I have never been there however I've been to Rockville, IN for Billie Creek CW reenactments. We were planning on going to Turkey Run this weekend but glad I didn't.

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Went there last year and wasn't impressed... So much traffic! Everyone was close together, almost shoulder to shoulder. Like EweSheep has said everything was expensive. Yes, Yes it was!
    But I still can't get over that there was about 5 different stands that these Asian people were selling all kinds of socks!

6. CMTSMWC

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    I always hear negative things about it. You just have to know where to go and you have to know back roads. We own property and only allow people who craft their own things to set up. THAT is what I like, because even though there are some flea market type setups you can still find crafters. And to avoid traffic, get there early

7. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    I went a few times when I was in college. It's just so big. You have to know what you're looking for and which town is best to find it in.

Hey CMTSMWC... Do you have anything to do with SMWC??? [​IMG]

8. CMTSMWC

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Quote:Yep! I am an equine major there.

9. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN

Hi Woodsie! I'm a 2002 grad, also Equine Studies [​IMG] Things were a bit different then. It was just Equine Studies. We moved into the new barn in the middle of my junior year.

10. CMTSMWC

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana

Hi Woodsie! I'm a 2002 grad, also Equine Studies [​IMG] Things were a bit different then. It was just Equine Studies. We moved into the new barn in the middle of my junior year.

Hello!! Yes the new barn is so nice. It would definitely be different without it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by