Covering a wire apron - pics wanted!

Motts

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 15, 2013
Hope to get some advice and ideas. A few weeks ago I chased some coyotes from my chicken coop/run around 7:30 in the morning. Now my hubby is finally going to put down a wire apron with stakes. I have ben looking for ideas of what to put over the apron. I found a thread with pics of some great ideas (including a cement border filled with river rock) but now, for the life of me, I can't find it! Thought I had subscribed but not there either:rolleyes:

So, I'm hoping people could post pictures or give ideas. Hubby said he will do what I want, but not sure what I want:th

Hope to get some advice and ideas. A few weeks ago I chased some coyotes from my chicken coop/run around 7:30 in the morning. Now my hubby is finally going to put down a wire apron with stakes. I have ben looking for ideas of what to put over the apron. I found a thread with pics of some great ideas (including a cement border filled with river rock) but now, for the life of me, I can't find it! Thought I had subscribed but not there either:rolleyes:

So, I'm hoping people could post pictures or give ideas. Hubby said he will do what I want, but not sure what I want:th
It sounds like you got a pretty good idea of what you want...and the labor to do it. If you are planning permanent, then go with the cement and river rock, sounds like it should look cool. You could go with pavers, easier to sweep off.

I just used some wood mulch to cover up the aprons. Over time, the mulch decomposed and grass grew up through the apron, anchoring it even further.

If you have coyotes to worry about, be sure to make the apron nice and wide while you're at it. Better safe than sorry!

Still hoping to find some pics to show my husband though, but thanks.

I live in the desert and we have no grass so I buried my apron so I wouldn't be tripping on it when I walked by. We plant things on top of it along the run now. You can read more about it on "My Coop" page.

Back
Top Bottom