Cowboy boots.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Abiline Blues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Roper Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
  2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Definitely the Roper browns!

I'd never wear pre-owned boots [​IMG] Besides the [​IMG] factor, they are already broken in to the shape of someone elses foot/leg... boots adapt more than any other shoe, I doubt used would ever be as comfortable as new, broken in on your own foot [​IMG]

I thought of starting a boot thread when I was buying a few months back.. but then I needed to have them right away so I just went out and bought some from TSC [​IMG] The prices were so annoying for what you are getting! The last pair of boots I bought 4-5 years ago I got in some other state or other, off an exit with a whole bunch of Western wear signs [​IMG] I only paid $60 and they were some of the nicest, quality, all leather boots.

When I bought these I have now.. I paid like a hundred?? And they are nice, and pretty, and comfortable too... but the quality is not the same.

3. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    As someone who has purchased plenty of western style boots, I can tell you that you aren't going to be getting much quality, at those prices. Maybe all you are looking for is the style. I'd say the blue ones are more stylish, especially if you plan on wearing them with a skirt. OTOH, the brown ones would go with a lot more wardrobe colors.

Are there any western stores where you live? If so, trying them on, before buying, will save you a lot of trouble.

4. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'm leaning more toward the Ropers as well... Because I'd wear them with normal outfits, like jeans and stuff. (Looks like the majority of voters like them too.) And I know it won't be the best quality -- they are mainly to wear around for going places and stuff.

Haha.. You just read my mind, Royd. I would LOVE a Western store around here. But aside from TSC and the few boots they have, there's noplace else. (Besides, I think the ones they have there are rather ugly.. like... pink... [​IMG] I would NEVER wear pink cowboy boots -- no matter how girly I wanted to get!)

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Neither! Of course, I like a boot with a much more functional, working style, so my opinion might be somewhat biased. Now, if I were a real girly-girly, I'd get the brown.

6. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Oh, I have steel-toed Brahmas for that purpose. I love them. [​IMG]

7. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:If your budget is not limited to that amount look up quality western boots. At least, you'll be able to see more colors, designs, toe styles, and types of leather.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Do you have a Boot Barn near you? They have very nice quality boots in all styles and colors.

9. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:If your budget is not limited to that amount look up quality western boots. At least, you'll be able to see more colors, designs, toe styles, and types of leather.

Unfortunately my budget is limited... But I went and looked it up anyway... <I think it was a bad idea...> There are some amazing boots out there and there is no way I can afford them...

10. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:Nope, no Boot Barn. Actually the Ropers I found first on Boot Barn, but Amazon has a better price. My aunt gets her boots from there (Boot Barn, that is).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by