Coyote in the neighborhood

Bestchickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 4, 2012
Recently a coyote has killed one of my hens. My chickens were all in a flock and they all scattered. It was a big mess. I need to get rid of it. I tried to call it in with my varmint call but that didn't work. I don't want to buy a trap they are really expensive. Help!! I need to get rid of it!

Put one of your hens out in a wire cage same place same time he killed the other and wait gun ready. Like us predators seem to be creatures of habit.

I've been sutton in the bushes with my 12 gauge for like 2 hours and trying to call him in! I haven't seen anything!

Coyotes may be annoying but they certainly are not stupid. They have a terrific sense of smell and sight, so if you're in the bushes, better sit very still, wear clothes that have been washed with scent-free soap or have been aired out well. If they even slightly sense a threat they will alter their habit to ultimately get what they are after. Trap is best, as mentioned above. There are too many cats, anyway :)

I like sourlands idea as well. Sooner or later youll get him.Hope its sooner! Patience and persistence best chickens. Just like the yote. Good hunting.

Back
Top Bottom