Coyote Patrol

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
My first post in this section!!!

Ok, there is a pack of coyotes in my yard. 2.5 acres. The coops are fully fenced in (high predator area here) and topped. When I go out there, they scatter, but don't leave the yard. There is about 7-10 of them. What the heck do I do? My dog is holding them back right now, but he is not exactly large. I can hear them out there howling.

I agree... large caliber rifle. When they see the gaping hole in their buddy, they probably will lose their appetite for (your) chickens.

Oh Debi, that stinks! Don't let your dog around them, or yourself for that matter. Can you hotwire? One wire up high and one down low? I know that hotwiring the entire acreage would be pricey, but at least around where your dog and your livestock is.

Good news to report!! The danged medium sized dog with territorital temperment drove them off over the fence. That dumb dog is worth his salt I tell ya!!! I had the gun ready. Not that I shoot alot!!!! But I was ready. LOL Don't mess with me birds dumb doggies!!!

That was a scare I tell ya!

Quote:
They RARELY get inside the fence. Tonight is the first time in months. Good ol Scooter scooted them right on out. That dog needs a cow bone from the store tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom