Coyote!!!!!!

Bantam

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 7, 2007
HalesCorners, Wisconsin
Over the last couple of weeks we have had MANY coyote vists.This morning I had to go by our coop and chase the coyote away.Any ideas to keep that mut away?CHICKENS LIVES AT RISK!!!!!!

git u a gun and blastv there heads off ,a 22,will do the job and are not that loud or powerfullf but will do its job
wink.png

coyotes are really sly critters and they will just keep coming back, but if u live in like a sub divions u can use a paint ball gun because i think u arent alowed to have firarms
idunno.gif

Sorry to say, you need to kill him. If you're in a town and can't shoot him, set a live trap and animal control come and get him.

I'm all for live and let live but a coyote killed my cat last year! They cannot be trusted. They're sly critters.

It is because of humans, coyotes have become as they are. We leave trash out. We leave food out for a dogs and cats. We allow our unaltered dogs to run loose and then fuss later when she ends up in the family way. But he(boy dog) is just being a dog even though he's just knocked up the coyote out in the bush increasing the hybrid population that is even less afraid of humans than the regular coyotes.

Coyotes survive because they have learned to adapt. Once your coyote figures out he can't get a meal at your place he will move on.

Seems such a waste to "blast their heads off"!
ep.gif

Quote:
I agree that humans have helped to create a "hybrid" or wild dog situation that is even more dangerous than straight coyotes. I also believe if you have a pet dog it is your responsibility to help control the pet overpopulation, and to keep your pet at home, not out "sowing wild oats".

However in this area coyotes and wild dogs are causing an enormous amount of damage to area farmers...attacking everything from chickens to pets to calfs. If I were a better aim I would not hesitate to shoot one wondering too close to my livestock. Not only do I have my livestock to consider, I also have 5 young children that love to play outside. I wouldn't even care if it were a neighbors pet dog....if it is threatening my children or livestock on my property, it is fair game, and I wouldn't hesitate to blast it.

A lot of human scent might help keep them back. Give your DH a LARGE glass of water and when to kicks in about 30 min later have him "Go" around the chicken area. If that doesn't work a healthy dose of lead will deter them too.

Back
Top Bottom