Coyotes took all my chickens

pullet2hen

Songster
14 Years
May 7, 2008
Arizona
Im just so so sad. I can't snap out of it. All the rain we had caused a delay on the coop. I thought they would be fine, 6ft brick wall and then 6ft chain link fence turns out not to be safe from stupid coyotes. I have been crying for days. I do have 23 of their eggs that have been sitting on the kitchen counter for up to two weeks. Do you think if I put them in a bator they have a chance? I would sure love to have their off spring. DH says rain or shine he will finish the coop and area. I hate coyotes!

So sorry about your loss! I live in a rural, heavy-wooded area. I know we have coyotes here (in Indiana), I have seen them. My husband states that he has lived in this area for 20 years & has never seen one. I think my pack of dogs have kept the coyotes, raccoons, skunks away from our property. I am afraid that when my chicks come in (April 09!!) the coyotes & raccoons will start to show themselves! I am pretty sure that my dogs will get them, but I know I will have to have a highly protected coop & run set up prior to their arrival!!
jumpy.gif

Sorry for your loss-sure it was coyotes? Put the eggs in the bator...I'm sure most of them will be viable & you can take the few that aren't out after 10 days.

I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

I live in Prescott and had one try to get my girls the other morning. Our coop was taking a little longer than expected to complete we have now gone into overdrive to get it done.

How many did you have? There is a woman north of phoenix with pullets almost ready to lay . Mahonri sent me her info. I can send it to you if you would like.

Sorry about your birds. I lost one to an owl this morning as soon as I let them out it swooped down and grabbed her up right in front of me. I could not believe it (still can't) but now I know that they are around and very bold. It is sad to lose one I could not imagine losing them all at the same time.

Thank you everyone for your messages. I know I can always come here to feel better and know Im not the only one. I miss my rooster so much. Cutting veggies for dinner last night I broke into tears because I had to throw away the scraps.
hit.gif

It was quite a mess but doodledoo I know I would totally FREAK out if I was standing there and an owl swooped right in front of me and took one. Im sorry you had to see it.

Back
Top Bottom