Crèvecoeur rooster - nice temperament

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by exop, Nov 22, 2010.

1. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hi, I'm selling one Crèvecoeur rooster, from Sandhill Preservation Center stock. He has a very friendly temperament for a Crèvecoeur; he has never so much as challenged me, and gets along with the other roosters in a very civilized way, even inviting them over when he finds something tasty on the ground.

Nice shaped, typey V comb; nice glossy green-black feathers; good full crest and tail; and he has the little "rhino horn" at the base of his beak which this breed is supposed to have.

He's $40 to anyone in Northern Indiana or Northeastern Illinois. For folks elsewhere in the country, I'm happy to ship him, it will have to be by Express Mail, so please PM me with your zip code for shipping costs.

A note about Crèvecoeurs:
    These are an ancient crested, bearded breed from France, adapted for free range farming. Hens lay white eggs. They are a hardy, alert bird with excellent flying skills, but should be confined to a chicken coop at night so a predator doesn't get them. The breed is quite rare these days, even in France.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by