cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Today is day 7 of hatching eggs with a broody hen. I just 'tried' to candle a egg this morning and found out there is a few cracks! :th I only did one out of the three I am trying to hatch. I have never done this before (hatching eggs)!!! Please help! I will try to get pictures later. ANY ADVICE WELCOME! :fl THANK YOU! :oops: :hugs

- Clucky

I'm so worried! :idunno Also, its to late to post pics tonight. :( My chickens are all on the perch and sleeping and its dark outside.

Uh, its dark to explain. :hmm Its sort of a small indent with about 3 lines going out in different directions. Could the egg be hatching? :p

Today is day 7 of hatching eggs with a broody hen. I just 'tried' to candle a egg this morning and found out there is a few cracks! :th I only did one out of the three I am trying to hatch. I have never done this before (hatching eggs)!!! Please help! I will try to get pictures later. ANY ADVICE WELCOME! :fl THANK YOU! :oops: :hugs

- Clucky
Not to worry, at day 7 it's not hatching. It takes 21 days +/- a day or two sometimes. You can put a piece of tape over the crack or a little wax. I have even used liquid band-aide. Under a broody there is more of a chance of the egg getting broken. Good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom