cracked beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dakotasnake, Jul 12, 2008.

1. dakotasnake

dakotasnake Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    i have one rooster that had a huge curved upper beak and a normal lower, he had diffeculty eating so i used a drummel tool and trimmed it back and reshaped it. i noticed a split in the beak at that time also that has now grown larger, is there a repair kit or super glue i can use? if he was a duck id use duck tape, but im not sure if they make chicken tape.

2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
  3. Melilem

Melilem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    In early May I noticed a crack in my bantam cochin roo's beak. I think he got it when he escaped and picked a fight with my big cochin roo...all waddle, no brains /: Anyway it was about a quarter inch or so, on his upper beak below his nostril. I left it alone and it has healed up completely now 2.5 months later. If it was a vertical split though, and not too close to his nostril, I'd certainly have used a dab of super glue. Don't glue yourself to the rooster, though. [​IMG]

4. Melilem

Melilem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Yup sorry, after reading dlhunicorn's link I take it back! Don't listen to anything I say [​IMG] Read dlhunicorn's link.

5. chickenboy 101

chickenboy 101 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    i think beeks grow back like hair or nails

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by