Cracked beek

Joe Pet

Chirping
Nov 24, 2017
Our little girl is about a month. She hit her beek too hard and crack the top of it. Putting it off alignment. Turning it to the right. I have attached a picture.

Attachments

• 20210627_123339.jpg
    20210627_123339.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 14
oh the poor thing. It looks like it is hanging off. Is it still attached by flesh?

Can you splint it back into the right position with a bit of tape?

Thanks for the reply. Yes its still attached. But cracked and bent. She unfortunately pecked at the ground.

You can make a temporary repair much like you'd temporarily mend a cracked fingernail with the paper portion of a dry teabag and a drop of superglue on top. Align the broken beak into as close to perfect position as is possible, pull the teabag tissue over the broken area and apply the absolute minimum amount of glue as is needed to wet the teabag. Hold her until it is dry, then gently 'emery board' or 'nail file' the unneeded portion of the tissue away from the repair.

Youtube video on the 'tea bag trick' for human fingernails so that you can visualize the procedure that I'm recommending.

You can make a temporary repair much like you'd temporarily mend a cracked fingernail with the paper portion of a dry teabag and a drop of superglue on top. Align the broken beak into as close to perfect position as is possible, pull the teabag tissue over the broken area and apply the absolute minimum amount of glue as is needed to wet the teabag. Hold her until it is dry, then gently 'emery board' or 'nail file' the unneeded portion of the tissue away from the repair.

Youtube video on the 'tea bag trick' for human fingernails so that you can visualize the procedure that I'm recommending.

What a brilliant idea!!!

Back
Top Bottom