Cracked Corn and soybean meal

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
Do any of you feed cracked corn and if you do what do you mix with it? I am getting really frustrated with all the feed problems. I know people who feed cracked corn and soybean meal. Right now I have pullets that are too young to lay yet but will be within a few months and ducklings that are about a month. I want to find a feed that I can feed them all. My coop doesn't have flock raiser or unmedicated chick feed. I live in a very rural town. What can I do?

Quote:
Well not knowing what brand of feed that you feed mill carries I will post a list of feeds that are just as good if not better than
Purina Mills (Flock Raiser).

Buckeye Nutrition (Buckeye Feeds) -
Big 4

Kent Feed -
Home Fresh 27 Poultry

Hubbard Feed -
Homestead Duck & Goose

Blue Seal Feeds -
Chick N' Game Bird Starter/Grower Crumbles

What I feed is High Flyer 28 Game Bird Feed that is put out by Kent Feeds and I cut the Protein some with a "all grain" 14% Pigeon feed with corn and it works real well for me.
I do keep the cracked corn and soybean out of there feed other than what is in the High Flyer 28. The Pigeon feed has no Soybean in it but I do get the Pigeon feed with Whole Corn or Pop Corn in it.

Chris

Last edited:
I do keep the cracked corn and soybean out of there feed other than what is in the High Flyer 28

Why is that?​

Quote:
Why is that?

I feel that the birds are getting enough corn in there diet by eating the High Flyer and the Pigeon feed and I plane don't know soy.
I will put up with the soy in the High Flyer because it is not as high as some feeds....

Chris

Back
Top Bottom