Cracked Corn and soybean meal

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by harleyjo, Jul 13, 2010.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Songster

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Do any of you feed cracked corn and if you do what do you mix with it? I am getting really frustrated with all the feed problems. I know people who feed cracked corn and soybean meal. Right now I have pullets that are too young to lay yet but will be within a few months and ducklings that are about a month. I want to find a feed that I can feed them all. My coop doesn't have flock raiser or unmedicated chick feed. I live in a very rural town. What can I do?

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Well not knowing what brand of feed that you feed mill carries I will post a list of feeds that are just as good if not better than
    Purina Mills (Flock Raiser).

Buckeye Nutrition (Buckeye Feeds) -
    Big 4

Kent Feed -
    Home Fresh 27 Poultry

Hubbard Feed -
    Homestead Duck & Goose

Blue Seal Feeds -
    Chick N' Game Bird Starter/Grower Crumbles

What I feed is High Flyer 28 Game Bird Feed that is put out by Kent Feeds and I cut the Protein some with a "all grain" 14% Pigeon feed with corn and it works real well for me.
    I do keep the cracked corn and soybean out of there feed other than what is in the High Flyer 28. The Pigeon feed has no Soybean in it but I do get the Pigeon feed with Whole Corn or Pop Corn in it.

Chris

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. harleyjo

harleyjo Songster

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I do keep the cracked corn and soybean out of there feed other than what is in the High Flyer 28

Why is that?​

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Why is that?

I feel that the birds are getting enough corn in there diet by eating the High Flyer and the Pigeon feed and I plane don't know soy.
    I will put up with the soy in the High Flyer because it is not as high as some feeds....

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by