Cracked egg and my incubater

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by anjaneep, Oct 7, 2012.

1. anjaneep

anjaneep Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2012
    hey guys so i made these and i wanted people to see so they can give me advice enjoy:

[​IMG][​IMG]PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLPPP

2. leirob007

leirob007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Upstate South Carolina
    I have no idea what your looking for help with. All I can do is ask " Have you candled your eggs? How long have they been in the incubator? Do you have something to candle eggs with? Need to know how to make something to candle them with out of an old shoebox? and what kind of incubator are you using? Do you have a good hygrometer? do you actually know what the humidity runs at or are you guessing and just hoping a thermometer works?

3. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    1 i know what the hum. is because i put my hand in and feel and it says
    2 im useing a home made one i made it out of wood all like a box and cut a hole and put plexi glass that slides, it is dividen with a foam didvider.
    3 i have 4 eggs had one for 7 days, and i have 3 more that were layed on the sixth (last saterday)
    any more and add me and please give me advice

4. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    no have only use a shoe b ox to candle.
    and i need advice on how to fix my egg [​IMG]

5. FeatheredFreind

FeatheredFreind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2012
    Clear Spring, MD
    I have known people to use wax. Melt it and dip the egg so that iit completely covers the hole. Its been known to work. Good Luck!

6. leirob007

leirob007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Upstate South Carolina
    Well if the membrane was not damaged in the egg then no real repair is needed.
    if you want to seal it with wax or or a chapstick then feel free to do so.
    but most hatcheries that "vacinate " punch holes in them before they put them in the incubator.

I thought by the post the egg cracked half way through the incubation cycle. and the best thing to do was to get rid of it . as it is probably bad

7. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugh I didn't know this thread was here...they have another thread of the same exact topic posted hours ago. If this egg has been sitting over a day ..not in an incubator there's no way it has a chance...it's on day 4 according to their other thread.

To the OP - I would just toss it. Next time please - only 1 thread per topic, because I was on your other one attempting to assist you - didn't know this poor egg had been like this for over 24 hours [​IMG]

8. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    no iv had it for SUN. MON. so far im srry[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by