Cracked egg in bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gofasterstripe, Dec 21, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I put 7 duck eggs in the bator on Sunday...well this am when I was turning, I cracked 1 of them. I put wax on there but I think the crack maybe to long and wide and it might go bad. Do you think I should take it out before the thing explodes and ruins the rest or leave it a few days and see what happens?

2. Nodaksnakelover

Nodaksnakelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    North Dakota
    I'd personally make sure it's seperate from the other eggs in the incubator and see what takes place. Good luck!

3. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I'd leave it. what day is it? when is the next candle? My thinking is the wax may have done it, that was a good idea. I would smell that egg every few days, it might make it. Good luck!

Richard

4. barefoottrims

barefoottrims Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2010
    I would leave it alone until you check the other to see if its fertile, there is actually two membranes inside the egg that do a great job of keeping bad things out

5. gofasterstripe

Sorry...I put them in on Saturday at 8am, I havent candles any of the eggs yet. My humidity and Temp have been very stable, so I more or less open, turn, spray and put lid back on. I dont want to candle untill day 10ish

6. valley ranch

When you open to turn and spray, smell it in a couple days, if it smells bad leave it out. Be gentle with it. This one might live to be your favorite.

Richard

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  7. gofasterstripe

Thank you for your answers, Im going to turn them at 4pm, take a look and move it over from the rest.
    Valley...IF it does hatch out there will only be 1 name for it..CRACKER!

8. valley ranch

Keep us in the loop, Sure like to know how this one does.

Richard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by