Cracked Fertile Eggs

silkieRaiser

Songster
5 Years
Sep 13, 2016
Seattle, Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Its day 22 and one of my 3 remaining eggs have hatched (yesterday). One of the eggs has a thin crack about an inch long. My silkies are still happy to sit on it, but I candled them today for fun and didn't see anything. Both are 1/3 dark and 2/3 light. I don't know if this matters but the one with the crack is dark green and the other is a white smaller egg that looks like its a bantam. What should I do? I really want these to hatch. I know I'm not supposed to do this but should I open them? I can provide pictures if it would be helpful.

Its day 22 and one of my 3 remaining eggs have hatched (yesterday). One of the eggs has a thin crack about an inch long. My silkies are still happy to sit on it, but I candled them today for fun and didn't see anything. Both are 1/3 dark and 2/3 light. I don't know if this matters but the one with the crack is dark green and the other is a white smaller egg that looks like its a bantam. What should I do? I really want these to hatch. I know I'm not supposed to do this but should I open them? I can provide pictures if it would be helpful.
Nooooo do not open until you're sure. If shes still sitting I'd give them one or two more days! Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom