Cracked my bad eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justmeandtheflock, Sep 13, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I cracked open my clears and blood rings tonight. The clears had nothing going on in them and I could see embies in the blood rings, one was kind of big and had an eye but was for sure gone. The yolks in all of them just fell apart when I opened the eggs, is this normal??? Also, in the ones that started, the whites had turned to very thick, almost like jello, yellowish. Is this normal??? TIA

2. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Um, sorry. I am on day 9 [​IMG]

3. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I don't know if that's normal, but I cracked both my bad eggs and both yolks fell apart. One quit #4 with a bloodring and the other quit around day#7 but I cracked it tonight to see what was up. It sounds like one of yours. It had developed some and had eyes, but definately was a goner.

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

yap, for bad egg that have blood ring or *strange look* you will find out *jelly* inside it, sometimes white cream or green liquid, but make sure not to scramble it like when you want to cook, throw them to a wall, and you will heard *explosion*.

5. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Thanks [​IMG] Good to know it is normal.

6. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Oh, and no, I won't be trowing any at the walls any time soom, well not unless DH bugs me too much [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by