Cracked open 3 of 5 eggs.... What are my chances now??!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 24, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Ok I had 5 eggs in lockdown.... 2 due yesterday. Cracked them open YOLK!!! Cracked on due soon either today or tomorrow.. quitter.. WHAT IS MY CHANCE OF GETTING CHICKS!?!?!!?

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:Ok let me see if I understand, the 2 due yesterday had yolk in them? If that's right then they were blanks.

You cracked one due today or tomorrow? Was it a mistake you cracked it open?

So that's 3 of 5 you cracked? 2 are still good right?

I was a little confused by your statement.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Ok let me see if I understand, the 2 due yesterday had yolk in them? If that's right then they were blanks.

You cracked one due today or tomorrow? Was it a mistake you cracked it open?

So that's 3 of 5 you cracked? 2 are still good right?

I was a little confused by your statement.

Sry I was flustered...
    I purposefully cracked them open... 2 were blanks.. I wanted to see if the lil things were fertile at all, so I cracked open another... It was a quitter.. Early quitter.. BF has banned me from cracking anymore open...

4. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    IMHO not good. figure out what went wrong and set new eggs for better results. 16 days really isnt long for hatching period. my first batch from my first quails eggs never hatched. [​IMG] [​IMG] i saved up 7 more and ONE hatched. [​IMG] now i have over 40 breeders and eggs hatching all over. [​IMG] youll get it. let em sit for a day or two and rid em. sorry for bad first attempt. it's a learning experience. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Well my BF wants me to finish this hatch... I am storing eggs... I will hope for one out of this hatch...One is wobbling a tiny bit... I took it out to see if there was any movement.. And there was a little wiggle here and there...

6. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:Well my BF wants me to finish this hatch... I am storing eggs... I will hope for one out of this hatch...One is wobbling a tiny bit... I took it out to see if there was any movement.. And there was a little wiggle here and there...

Do you know dear once they are in lock down you don't open the bator? Now go sit on your hands and give them time. [​IMG] Everytime you open the bator your letting the humidity out and they really need that to hatch.

Let us know how you make out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    might i ask what day are you on, becouse a read something that said quail take 23 days or 17-18 but maybe its just that type of quail [​IMG]

8. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:button quail... Not sure which day these 2 are on [​IMG] bf mixed them up but they are on lockdown so 14-16....

9. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    this time put all of your eggs in at once. like said above posts you let temp and hum. get out of whack every time you open them to check eggs or take chicks out and the others are on lock down. lock down means LOCK DOWN. i actually put tape on my bator so noone lifts the lid to look inside even tho there are windows. sometimes you see a pip in the eggs and want to get a closer look. [​IMG] let it alone. [​IMG] it's hatching. i tape my bator so I dont lift the lid as well. [​IMG] it's hard sometimes.

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Question.... I am storing eggs now!!! How long do I store my eggs!?!?!? I want to get a decent amount saved up and finish this hatch -rolls eyes- if they hatch... Then have at least 7 or 8 to put in there..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by