Cracked ribs hurt... more!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 6, 2011.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Even with all the injuries I've had, including breaking these two ribs several years ago, I have to admit in this moment of weakness, that these two ribs I cracked last Friday night hurt more than anything ever has. It has been impossible to teach, sleep, relax, or do anything else for 7 days now. I just wanted to whine for a minute because I haven't really allowed myself to do that yet and I'm sitting here alone except for one cat who is staring at me, feeling really yucky and having a pity party for myself. Thank you for listening.

2. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    I fell off a horse 2 weeks ago and bruised a bunch of ribs on my left side. Still hurts like heck and every time I try to use my left arm to pull something, like sweeping or something the pain is terrible. Thought it would be better by now. Glad I only bruised them. Hard to sleep too.

I pity you.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We can suffer together lol! These ribs were originally broken by one of my horses kicking me while doing hoof cleaning.

4. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Oh boy can I relate!!

I had a few broken in a couple of spots-off set so most any movement/touch rebroke them. I fell from my friends horse and she managed to "push off" my chest. (friend kicked her horse to run-right next to the street-and yelled over her shoulder "lets run them" Not a chance! Her horse took that moment to try and loose me (she had tried to take off 2x before that day and roll on me- I later heard she had bucked a few others off the week before and rolled on one of them. Lets just say, she was over being ridden)

It took years for me not to flinch before some one hugged me.

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    hope you feel and get better soon

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG] Heal quickly! [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks all!

8. lillie2202

lillie2202 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I have been told and heard that bruised or cracked hurts worse then broken. My oldest DD dropped a weight on her foot the doctor and myself were sure she broke it they did an xray nope not broke she has an extra bone in her foot that protected her foot she just bruised the bone but it hurt and took longer to heal then a break did. [​IMG] hope you heal soon.

9. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:The above post was from me, my DD had logged in to byc and I did not check and see who was logged in [​IMG] I hope you get better soon [​IMG]

10. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh writer, [​IMG]

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by