cracked whirlpool stove

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Jun 14, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ok so here is how my morning started...

wake up, go out to check on the girls.. they are sooooo cute, come running and pecking my feet..

come back inside put my tea kettle on the stove for some folders cappuccino,(love the stuff)

walk over load up BYC and start checking my PP from yesterday..

when I hear a crack.. the kind of sound that a golf ball makes when it rolls and its a piece of metal.

I thought to myself that was strange, walk over to the stove open the oven and look to see if anything. Nothin, look at my tea kettle and see a crack across the glass underneath it....

AHHHH this stupid stove.. it only 2 years old.. shouldnt they last longer than that????

I emailed whirlpool we will see what they say..

2. wayfastwhitey

wayfastwhitey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    texas
    good luck with that !
    about a year ago our daughter bought a whirlpool range top (glass top model) i took her old gas range top out and put the NEW whrilpool range top in , hooked it all up truned it on, it got hot , truned it off , picked up my tools my daughter walks in and say " looks good dad thanks" i walk out the back door tools in hand and hear the same sound as you as i trun around i see my daughter crying , "she said i just truned it on low and look what happened"any way she called the store where she and hubby bought it they tell them to call whirlpool ....... 4 months later a whirlpool rep. shows up and says i installed it wrong ....NOT.... and tell her they have to pay $100 for replcement glass. our daughter is back to cooking on gas range again ...lol
    hope you things work out better for you !

and NO i still havnt got paid for that job!!! lol gotta love daughters

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I really hope that I dont have to make a stop in the range department of every home store I visit and make sure I let whatever stranger know that might be looking at purchasing a whirlpool that they have a horrible replacement policy and discourage them from a whirlpool. let alone the blogging that I just might do over the internet.. 2 years is crazy... Dont get me started on T-mobile.. im still waiting for that stupid contract to come up..

4. inudat12

inudat12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    NorthCentral Ohio
    Well, my glass cooktop story goes like this.

We lived in a mobile home, while my husband built our home. We went looking for a new stove..our house is all electric. I found the one I liked and it had to be special ordered. When it came in my husband went to pick it up. Didn't bother to tie it down. Some how he managed to get it within a mile of our house, when the wind caught it and flipped it out of the bed of my husband's truck. He stopped, got out and found it laying in the middle of the road on it's top. He flipped the stove back into the truck and came home.

When I got home, I was greeted by my FIL, BIL, my husband's BIL, and my husband uncle. They were there to see how I would react. Anyway, the only thing broken was the light bar across the top. That was twelve years ago and it still works, minus the light bar.

And it is a Whirlpool

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by