* 2 lbs frozen hash browns
* 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
* 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
* 1 pint sour cream
* 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

found on web

droolin.gif
celebrate.gif

I've had that recipe for 30+years....it's one of my family's favorites. My son requested I make it for their wedding reception last year so I did. Got it from a sister in law's aunt. I use green onions, tops and all tho instead of chopped onion.

I do something similar to that all the time....you can use crescent rolls, rice, biscuits, hash browns, tater tots, etc. I put cream chicken soup in a pan(I use the big can 2 of them depends how many you have to feed and if you want leftovers), corn, cheese, milk and heat up place whatever your gonna use in the casserole dish and then pour the mix over the top and back sprinkle a bit of cheese over the top to melt after about 30 min at I do 350 my oven runs hotter then it should. If you use crescent rolls you can roll chicken up in them I use canned chicken like tuna in a can or just add cut up cooked chicken to the sauce or hamburger and it is good with cream chix soup too and onions/green onion and pour over. You can use hamburger and biscuits with same sauce it is all really good. You can just layer the corn and hamburger too on the base you choose. Do not cook the base first unless it is rice.

We did one once with tater tots, chilli, cheese, and little smokies it was so good.

Back
Top Bottom