crackineggs

crackineggs

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Southwestern New Mexico
hello! I have been getting great information here for about 6 months. I laugh at some of the stories which makes my family think I am crazy. 3 teenagers, 1 tween and a spouse that bounces back and forth between both categories.... Seriously..... It's not the BYC blogs!!! Anyway, thanks for the humor
ya.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This is the place to be for all the fun and leaning!

Welcome to the flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. I enjoy the humor at BYC as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any chickens?

We have a small mixed flock. 2 buff orpingtons, both raising some chicks. A couple of older Rhode Island reds and a couple easter eggers. My kids just got 25 Cornish broilers for county fair end of September. We have one easter eggers rooster and all the chicks pretty much look like easter eggers except one that is solid white????? Any thoughts on that? Not sure which hem laid it but it was a brown egg???? I have my second batch of mail order eggs in the bator. Not having good luck. I have never had trouble hatching my own eggs.

We have one easter eggers rooster and all the chicks pretty much look like easter eggers except one that is solid white????? Any thoughts on that? Not sure which hem laid it but it was a brown egg????
Since Easter Eggers are hybrids produced by crossing Ameraucanas with other breeds to produce hens that lay eggs in different colors other than just blue, they can come in a myriad of color patterns. I've had both black and white Easter Eggers. Our EEs are my granddaughter's favorite hens. She loves their colored eggs. If your BOs are both raising chicks, the brown egg most likely came from one of your RIRs.

frow.gif
hello and welcome to the flock. I have never heard of easter eggers laying brown eggs- I am a bit hard of hearing tough. Are you sure they are EE's? Someone else maybe an hour ago mentioned getting dark chocolate eggs from their EE's. I asked her the same question.

Back
Top Bottom