1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

craftsman mower rethink before buying

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mikensara, Jun 22, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    we bought a brand new craftsman mower at sears on 5/22 on 5/27 i returned the mower to the store i bought it at due to a defective left rear wheel that wobbled. called weekly to inquire if it was fixed and being shipped from where it was sent out to be fixed. Now finally get called its fixed and back at the store.
    We went today 6/22 to go pick it up and Its a picture worth a thousand words cant wait to post pics. One word FURIOUS! The wheel on the right was not broken it was the one on the left. The wheel on the right does not match the other 3 wheels. Called and complained where it was sent to be fixed after telling them i wasnt satisfied the woman on the end of the phone said calmly to me "Mam I dont understand why your upset the mowers wheel was fixed i checked it out myself" so sending it back with a mismatched wheel is fixing it wow good thing they arent doctors you might come out with mismatched body parts [​IMG]

2. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    <-----only buys toro mowers. and always will.

3. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    First problem was when you went to Sears.........

I only go there to use the bathroom when I am at the mall.

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

hmp my husband breaks lawnmowers just by looking at them I swear! We buy the cheapest used one we can find. Or the cheapest one you can get at WalMart. If the wheels wobble, so be it. If it mows the yard this year, we done good.

Ugh! I've had it "up to here" with lawnmower trouble!

5. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    They're almost all the same, most of them are owned my MTD. I'll admit Toro is good, I love the little one I have. Now tell me how I broke a cast iron axle out of a John Deere... If you want a good mower find an old snapper.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  6. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    We went through 2 craftsman lawnmowers in a year....no customer service....no good on warranties it winds up being "not covered" John deere only lasted a year........ This year we bought a 80's model used off brand cant even remember what it is but ya know what the old sucker is still tickin knock on wood......wish I had the money to buy an old old small farm tractor mower that is made out of stinkin iron ll lol lol lol things aren't made the way grandpa's stuff was anymore [​IMG]

7. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    You pay more for a craftsman, but it's just a murray with a different name.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    yeah we had one of those pieces of crap too, lasted 2 mowing seasons, ie, 6 months... we sold it and got a JAZee 0 turn, has lasted 10 yrs over rough, hilly terrain, and we love it!

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I like my craftsman mower.Still going good after 5 years cutting a seriously bad yard.. If I had to do a repair though on a recent purchase I would have returned it for a new one or just returned it period. No way would I want to be dealing with repairs after a week even on something as simple as a whell. I say get your money back.

My plastic wheels broke after the second year.Well one did.So I bought 2 metal ones to replace the back tires instead of just getting one plastic one.

10. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    my brother in law works at the store we bought it at. when bought our new washer we got it at home depot he was put off we didnt come in to see him but now we wont buy anything there. I dont think its unreasonable to replace the wheel with one thats the same. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by