Crafty ideas for beautiful cards needed

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by country freedom, Dec 29, 2009.

1. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Over the years I have received beautiful cards for birthdays, holidays, get well, congratulations, etc.....

I don't want to cut or disfigure the front (outside or inside) of some of these cards, so apart from framing these, to be placed on a table, shelf, or hanging them on a wall, does anyone have any other ideas for these pieces of artwork?

Some of these cards have wording on them, others don't, and they all have beautiful artwork.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

When DD was born, my BFF asked if she could have all of the baby cards that we received for a special gift. I handed them over and got this back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Stitch them together like a quilt, or make use a small hole punch and bind them into a book. You can mount them on craft paper to get uniform sizes. [​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    One of the prettiest Christmas trees I ever saw was one that was decorated solely with Christmas cards. I have a friend that only uses cards for her ornaments.

Also, when I was an exchange student in England my host mother made her Christmas gift tags from the previous year's Christmas cards. She cut the pictures out where she could with no writing on the back, punched a hole in them and tied string to them. They made beautiful gift tags.

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    These are great ideas!

I save Christmas cards. I rip off the back half off and just save the part with the picture on it and I have stacks of these things. I like the tag idea and the ornament idea.

I love the baby collage! I saved all the baby cards given to my children in keepsake boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by