Crafty things to do with eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HenHappy, Feb 17, 2007.

1. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas to use all those millions of eggs we have? I of course do the regular stuff, like colouring and I took a class on how to do polish egg paiting with wax and dyes. My mom suggested hot glue-ing hollow eggs onto strings of christmas lights to hang or pile into a bowl or a vase (What a great idea!!!). I know a lot of you sell them, but is any one else into crafts? I saw the pictures of one of the members decorative eggs on one of the threads. They were simply gorgeous!!! I loved to hear of any other thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!!!

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You can get some melt and pour soap and scent it and color as desired and pour into a shell for a neat gift. Just blow and clean the egg, plug one end with semisoft soap or wax and fill. When it is cooled and hard, scrape away whatever is overflowing the holes. The shell "should" come right off the soap when you crack it.

3. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    What a great idea! My leghorn gives me huge double yokers sometimes, so hers would be cool. I suppose I could use wax to and dip a wick and make egg shaped candles. Thank you for the idea terrie!!! My house is going to be egg shaped everything![​IMG]

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:That sounds cool, I think I'm going to try that. It's be cute with bantam eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by