Craigslist ad for free chickens is working!!

booker81

Redneck Tech Girl
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Mid-MI
WOOO!!!!! I'm off to pick up a bunch of banty roos, and just got a few more emails for some SLW roos. Another person wants to meet up to give me some old hens.

I'll be sure to take care of business away from my chickens, and keep from introducing disease, but I'm pretty happy with the results of my ad. Free chicken! Sure, not a lot of meat on banty roos, but I'll be starting some yummy stock up to freeze!

big_smile.png

My girls are pets. But if I just raised layer hens, I'd LOVE to be able to find someone who could make good use of them after thier prime years were over. Same with excess roos. Seems a waste otherwise. That was smart of you for posting!
thumbsup.gif

Well, back from driving around in a blizzard!

Ended up with 8 banties, 4 HUGE "meat" birds, and 3 big wyandottes
smile.png
The meaties look like white rocks, and came with the banties - the folks asked if I would take them too because they didn't want to just take 4 to the processor. Um heck yeah! Everyone was very nice and asked if I would come back in the future when they have more roosters or chickens they can't use. Absolutely!

What did you post? I've considered doing that, but haven't because I never could figure out how to word it without looking greedy or something.

Quote:
awesome for you! Id be filling your car up to with roos galor-if you ever head to ny let me know??

Same here sonew123, I raised 50 for someone who "Changed their mind" after they were ready. So I'm feeding that many more than I wanted.
sad.png
And there's only so many I can process at once with the arthritis in my hands.
hit.gif

We need someone like booker81 here!

Here's my ad:
http://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/2097059096.html

I'm finally done. OMG. Definately not a one person job heh!! Or a Sunday evening job. However, everyone is packed away - the banties were skinned out (they really remind me of rabbits now), and the big birds are all plucked. Got them wrapped and resting in the cold room, and will freeze them probably tomorrow.

I am however, WHUPPED! It's nice though, knowing I'll have a lot of meat and broth. DH wandered in and out as I was working on them, but I don't think he's ready to try his hand at chicken processing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom