craigslist chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 65browneyes, Feb 7, 2008.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Found a post in the Flagstaff, Arizona craigslist for a flock of 16 - 18 chickens FREE to good home. Via email, I've found there are some silkies, some 'buffs', a to hat roo as well as some banties and other roos.

Hopefull, this is the link:

http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/grd/565528681.html

2. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I just checked it out and the Author has removed it, either someone took it or something was wrong.

Be very careful of Craigs list, not everything is on the up and up. I have heard many things about adoption of pets, in fact in NJ (maybe all over) you cannot sell animals they have to adopted. I hope this works for you. [​IMG]

3. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

They probably went lightning fast! I personally use Craigslist a LOT and find it to be fantastic. You do have to watch out, though. If you're a careful consumer, Craigslist is great! [​IMG]

4. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    [​IMG]I love Craiglist!!!!!! But everytime I inquire about chickens they are gone!!!!!! Chickens go very quick it seems [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  5. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You are allowed to sell livestock on craig's list not pets. Yes, the "Adoption" rule that is a joke!!

Livestock is not to be sold under the "Pets" section.... Farm and Garden Forum is where you can sell livestock and you chickens at least here.

I have to agree with you Craig's List can be bit scary sometimes. I not longer go places by myself to pick up things. [​IMG]

6. I saw some chickens on craigslist. Talked to the lady, real nice.

7. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Here in the east a gal answered and ad on craig's list and was KILLED. That would put a damper on things don't you think?

I put an ad for a free 2 yr old like new lawn mower, the guy answered the ad and we made a date he never showed up. Then he demanded I put it out on the date and time he wanted. When I said no I got pounded by his wife calling me all sorts of names.

So I called a fellow that had done this before with and now he is the only one I deal with.

I magine giving something away and being told off because he cancelled the pickup. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LOL! Look at the help wanted/trades/jobs area. A couple weeks ago, there was a guy advertising "top pay" construction, must have own truck and tools. Apparently a couple guys took him up on his offer, worked a day and were only paid $8 an hour! Man did they out him on there! I dont think anyone will call for this guys help wanted again!

There was also a local lady who offering "services" even had an hourly price listed. The cops arrested her...LOL.

Be careful!

9. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Well, her ad is gone, and she's not responded to my email inquiring about her flock. So, I guess we are left to assume they have found new digs for themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by