Craigslist Free Mini Veltatien Rabbit???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kuntrygirl, Jan 7, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
  2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    unless they mean velveteen i have no clue. [​IMG] a mini velveteen would be a mini rex.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:You're right. I was thinking the same thing.

4. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    ops i edited when u posted.

5. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Could be poor spelling for Valentine? [​IMG]

6. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    well the velveteen is an english lop x mini rex ive heard rumors of folks breeding holland lop bucks to mini rex does to try and produce a mini velveteen...

otherwise ive heard of rex's being refered to as "velveteen" "velvet" ect rabbits, so it is most likley a mini rex with some bad spelling.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  7. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Its a breed of rabbit that was jsut added to the ARBA - they have a rex fur and look like an English lop but in a smaller size - long ears - pointer face than a French lop - my friend breeds them and they are like little dogs - his lines are the friendliest rabbits i have ever met! They are somewhat rare still as they jsut got recognized for showing

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    As has been said, a Velveteen Lop is rather like a smaller English Lop with Rex fur - I know several people who have been breeding them for a number of years. But this person didn't only stick "Mini" in front of their misspelling of velveteen, they also appear to be ignorant about rabbit colors ("dark brown" is not the name of a color in any rabbit breed). So, thinking that the person that placed this ad is pretty clueless about what they have, I'm betting this rabbit is a Mini Rex (probably a Castor).

9. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    a velveteen should be a rex and a velveteen LOP is what my doe i'm pictureing below is(elop x mini rex). i don't think it is so much that it is a rare breed just that it is so new of a breed there is not as many and most people don't know how to breed them yet. from the ad i'd also say it is a castor mini rex from the description also unless it is a lop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i don't have french lops but here is one of my elop bucks for compair pics. she is alot smaller, has different fur(she has rex fur) and features r different also. she has the personality and more look of the elop but coloring and coat more or the mini rex.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by