Craigslist Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYboy, Jul 15, 2010.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    When the elderly lady down the street lost her 17 year old dog, she was very reluctant at her age to get another. She lived alone and her dog was her life. I told her we all have the same amount of time, just today nobody has a promise of a tomorrow. i would make sure the dog got a good home if anything happen to her. She got a mini Poodle and for 2 years they where never apart. The woman passed away one night watching tv. The police found my name and phone number on her fridge under emergency dog. I placed a ad on CL under pet section. I stated the owner had died, sweet spayed 2 year old Poodle was up for adoption. She was healthy and up to date on all shots. Her medical records would be given to her new family. A few hours later I get a email, the posting was flagged. Thinking it was a mistake I reposted the ad. Again it was flagged!! What kind of lowlife would want to stop a homeless dog from getting a new home?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Sadly there are several of those kind of folk that creep Craigslist-most people on there are OK, but there are bad apples in every bunch.
    I'm sorry you ran into this trying to help fulfill the wish of your neighbor that passed.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Some people flag everything just for fun, because they're jerks and it gives them some sick sense of power to harass others anonymously.

Craigslist really needs to figure something out. They would be better with a report system like what BYC has that doesn't immediately shut down whatever is flagged.

4. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I am sure there are poodle rescues who will take the dog and find them a good home.

Are other dog adoptions being flagged? I wonder if they have had trouble with puppy mills or dogs being taken to bait in dog fighting, etc so they are not allowing them right now?
    You are doing a such a good thing to help rehome the little dog.
    good luck

5. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Craigslist can be a drag....This spring I had big probs when the local chick sales competition kept on flagging my adds and putting their own up.

NYboy, I would suggest not adding a rehoming fee to your add if you are asking one. Rehoming fees seem to really get people worked up on CL..Too bad you are not closer or I would take that poodle! I have been looking for a companion for my mini poodle for awhile. Good Luck!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:That would mean the CL staff would actually have to pay attention to the site. Might be asking too much of them! [​IMG]

NYBoy, did you ask for a rehoming fee? There are some people who shall not be mentioned who find a warped delight in flagging all "free to good home" listings.

7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You cannot give animals away on craigslist. The MUST have a $1 re-homing fee.

8. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:LOL, our local CLs must be different! FTGH here pretty much guarantees flagging.

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Directly from CL....

Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on craigslist:

Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK​

10. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:
    Maybe because it was under Pets? I just gave away 3 roosters with 0.00 as the price, but it was under Farm & Garden.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by