craigslist rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duck&chickencrazy, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Songster

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    ok my dog Bella had puppies a while back and i really needed to find homes for them because i cannot keep 5 more dogs so i posted this on craigslist

"German Shepherd mix puppies. Mother is AKC registered. Father is a mix of registered german shepherd and chow. Puppies were born June 27 and they will be ready to go at 8 weeks. there are 5 females to choose from. The puppies are very sweet and playful. They must go to good homes only. there will be a rehoming fee of $75 to ensure you are able to care for the puppy. Also your vets number is required. the puppies will come with a collar, a small bag of food, and a toy."

In the post i included a pic of the father and 2 of the puppies...

no less than an hour or so later the post was flagged and removed

Yesterday i was curious about something so all i posted was:

"6 and a half weeks old, cute, need good homes, there will be a rehoming fee of $75"

this post is still up and has not been flagged.......so i guess the more you show that you care about where your animal goes it MUST mean your breeding and selling puppies like crazy and all i want is the money...its like people think i am trying to sell these puppies to make a profit...im not i just really love them and i am paranoid as to who they go to....
    i have heard people will go around collecting free animals and then selling them to cults or bad people and i really dont want that to happen to my puppies...so ya i ask for a rehoming fee and i wont give them away for free...i am just really ticked that they would flag this...

what are your thoughts on this?

2. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms Premium Member

Sep 20, 2009
    On the Farm!
    There was another post like this a few days ago. If I can remember correctly they put a complaint in to CL.

Good Luck! Hope you get if figured out!

Missi

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Just depends on who's online at the time. The first one was probably flagged because for the money they didn't have shots or anything. If you're rehoming a puppy for $75 it looks like a sale unless you've put some money into it and selling dogs is not allowed on CL. I'm no expert but it's my guess.

4. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Songster

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:I have put alot of my on money into the puppies..they have been wormed, they need to be fed (they like eating puppy chow), and they need lots of attention...so i put money and time into the puppies and feeding the moher (she eats ALOT now)...plus i love them and i really really really want them to find good homes...and if someone cant even afford a rehoming fee of $75 then you shouldnt be getting a dog...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  5. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Songster

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    What I have found with posting items on that sight, especially puppies, ppl will flag you if you are selling a litter of pups and the ads them seem to last through the posting is if you only state "puppy" to rehome, $75., serious inquires please call for more info. When they call, you can give them details of the litter. If you are posting under "pets", try to list them under farm and garden and/or general. The post dont seem to get flagged in those two by those aggressive dog breeders trying to sell their puppies first. Good luck.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hate those who flag my ads.

7. lakeman

lakeman In the Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Abbevill SC
    duck&chickencrazy :

Quote:I have put alot of my on money into the puppies..they have been wormed, they need to be fed (they like eating puppy chow), and they need lots of attention...so i put money and time into the puppies and feeding the moher (she eats ALOT now)...plus i love them and i really really really want them to find good homes...and if someone cant even afford a rehoming fee of $75 then you shouldnt be getting a dog...

You should not have bred her in the first place!!!!​

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

You should not have bred her in the first place!!!!

Come on this isnt a debate on whether or not the dogs ahould have been bred-so play nice and if your not going to comment on the thread topic itself then don't comment-accidents happen you know. Now that they are here-they have to be taken care of properly- no wrong in that!

9. chickenofthesea

chickenofthesea Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    C.C. Florida
    Accidents would not happen if the mother and father were nuetered.... Writing things like AKC mother and father, comes across as purposeful breeding/ not being responsible enough to take care of the accidental puppy part. The money that was spent on puppy food, shots, supplies ect for the newborns could have been saved if it was put towards taking care of the original problem, unfixed dogs having puppies. I would say most likely that was why the add was flagged. Craigslist is not for breeders or sales. Though you dont think you are a breeder, if your bringing puppies into the world due to unfixed parents, you are in fact breeding them. Try Kijiji.... its ebays animal classifieds [​IMG]

its too early to be spelling correctly. [​IMG]

10. lakeman

lakeman In the Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Abbevill SC
    Quote:Right on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by