CRAIGSLIST: Wanted: Farm Animals for Party

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Sep 22, 2010.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    So if you're not set up for "farm animals", what do you do with them after you purchase them for your party? Never heard of "borrowing" farm animals.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Some people have such crazy ideas! WHY do you need a petting zoo to come to your child's FIRST birthday party If he wants to, take him to go see the animals. Too much competition for the best party in my mind. Crazy people. [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I've seen a few "rent-a-petting-zoo" things in seattle, but I think those were run by the farmer/4-h for a few extra bucks and to give opportunities for city kids to see livestock. That said...buying animals for a party? That sounds like a set up for disaster.

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I'm curious to call to see if she had any calls about this ad. [​IMG]

5. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Umm... Interesting...

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Ridiculous is what it is!! I mean really, BUYING farm animals for a 1 year old's party?! I can't even see doing the rent-a-petting-zoo thing at that age. And where are all these live party prop's going to end up when this party is over? Disgusting.

7. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    That is just stupid. I hope someone "flags" that ad. She can't possibly take care of the animals she is purchasing for a 1 year old's birthday party. It's just another symptom of our decaying society in my book. No respect for food/livestock or where it comes from and what's involved to produce it. God help us all.

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Summoned the party from Mrs Doubtfire... and you saw how well THAT went.

9. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I feel bad for the animals she already has. She listed a lamb, ducklings and chicks. Livestock, very young children and clueless adults is not a good mix. The kids, animals or both are going to get hurt.

10. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Wow. [​IMG]

I like how she PREFERRED the animals be tame, meaning she'll take some that aren't.

Yeesh, DD's b-day this weekend is being held at the township park because I DID NOT want to deal with children and livestock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by