Cranking it up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GloriaH, Nov 28, 2007.

1. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I'm cranking up the bator as we speak. Have a few misc. Duck eggs to try out the new fan that I hooked up today on my still air bator. Don't know what I'll end up with. [​IMG] I have all my ducks together for the winter. Welsh Harlequins with Sweedish crested, with Muscovy. Could be interesting?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck, Gloria! I just put two eggs in the hatcher tonight. Last ones for a short while.

3. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I'm going to try to get my hatching done early this year. My DH is very understanding about ducks in the bathroom. He even gets a kick out of the baby ducks swimming in the bath tub. He is going to make me a heated brooder room in the barn.

4. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I cleaned mine last night and DH wants me to put 100 quail eggs in there. I told him I need to get over my last hatch first, to give me a few weeks then maybe. I have to admit though I've already been searching for quail eggs.......my brooders are full of silkies and other bantams at the moment..... I must wait for now...[​IMG] Good luck....

5. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I'm thinking of doing Quail to let loose on our property. Quail numbers are dropping here in Middle Tennessee.

6. GloriaH

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    Hey! I think my ducks will be ... Crested Scoviesweediquins

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by