1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crawfish, Boudin, and Cracklin!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Poulets De Cajun, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I thought we'd move the Louisiana favorite foods conversation here, since we dont want to hijack someone elses thread!

Anyone else hungry?

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    LOL, I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow! Luckily I live a mile away from a great place that has boudin and stuffed pork chops. I wonder why I'm feeling extra pudgy?

3. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Don't have to be hungry to eat crawfish, right??

Paula:)

4. Poulets De Cajun

I'm coming in for the ASBC/SCNA show in April, and my father already has explicit instructions to catch as many as he can... LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go home, but I HATE HATE HATE it too... We always EAT so much and its SO GOOD that you just cant bypass it. Shrimp stew, crawfish etoufee, rice and gravy, boudin, cracklins, and heaven forbid we pass a MECHES DONUT KING! Lawd have mercy!

My mom and dad get up at dark thirty in the morning and make fresh coffee and pilsbury grands biscuits. Then they clean up breakfast and start cooking lunch, which usually consists of rice/bread/meat/potato salad. After they eat lunch they clean that up, and start cooking dinner which usually consists of rice/bread/meat/potatoe salad... LOL

Its a never ending merry go round of food at their house!

And dont even get me started on my maw maw's cooking... OOOH LAWD!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Unfortunately I can't relate to the thread title, but I CAN relate to a love affair with food. Chocolate is food group, coffee is not coffee without flavored creamer, and pizza is a whole food. [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

So nice to find someone who thinks like me [​IMG]

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I love crawfish! My Dh laughed at me so hard watching me eat them. He said they were gross! [​IMG]

8. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:HECK no you dont!

My dad, my mom, my sister and I can put down a 40LB sack between the 4 of us in 45 minutes flat!

9. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:AND whipped cream on top [​IMG]

It's not just coffee - it's an Experience. (double chocolate almond biscotti optional, but always welcome).

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:do you think i am to old to be adopted?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by