Craziest reason I went to the hospital Thursday night

Memory about something that can help with the bloating (which in many cases is trapped wind), it's not exactly pleasant tasting, but say half a teaspoon of baking soda into half to cup of warm water. Try sipping to begin with. To me it can taste a bit soapie. Not sure if you have any issues like this if you get monthly periods, but I learnt (not soon enough for me) at about age 30, to cut out a couple of days before it started, all dairy, protein, fats. I basically ate boiled potato with a small amount of margarine and finely chopped chilli pickle (to give it taste). Then was really careful what I ate for another few days. By doing this was able to come off all painkillers. Foods that normally cause flatulence as well, like cucumber seeds, cabbage, peas. Am sure there would be others, probably pulses, beans. The information I received were from a Bach Flower professional, a herbologist, and someone who did colonics. Am now 54 so going back a bit in time :)

Sympathies! I had the exact same thing recently. Could not believe the pain, felt like I was going to expode. What you are being told here about not getting enough fiber is right on. Your gut needs fiber from fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and nuts to move food through your system. Avoid white flour products and refined sugars. Yogurt will really help as well.

If you don't like prunes, try applesauce, canned mandarin oranges, fruit salad, that sort of thing. You can find them packed in fruit juice instead of heavy syrup which is full of sugar. Google recipes for oatmeal waffles and put peanut butter on them and honey or real maple syrup, so good!

Be good to your gut and it will be good to you. Glad you are feeling better, pain like that is so scary! :hugs And don't worry about what it cost to take care of you, you are worth it! :love

Late Update:
Already felt better Saturday evening! My parents had gotten me a fiber powder to put in my water everyday and I'm already much better today. There's no need to tell me what to do or eat to make me feel better.

Drink warm prune juice, about 8 oz with a dose or 2 tablespoons milk of magnesia and two tablespoon butter. Have it warm enough to melt the butter. Yes put together in a glass. It sounds gross but it works. I’m a nurse and i have had drs call me at home for this concoction.
OMG! When I had my daughter they wouldn't let me go home until i had a bm and im one of those people who can't go away from home. So on the fifth morning after the birth a tiny Filipina nurse came in with a steaming hot cup of prune juice. I drank it down and it worked in minutes! Everyone was celebrating because they wanted my room and they were probably tired of answering my endless questions! So i recommend it and i hope you are feeling better.

Coffee is actually good at helping to relieve constipation as I think it's the caffeine that actually cause you to have to go to the bathroom. But then I drink a half a pot a day, first thing when I wake up... with just cream and no sugar.

Back
Top Bottom