1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Craziest thing happened today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GoChick, Sep 10, 2011.

1. GoChick

GoChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    I've never brought a chicken inside the house, and I don't really keep chickens as pets, but one of my BOs and one of my Australorps don't accept that. They want to be picked up and fight over who's gonna get on my lap first.

Well...
    Today I was working from home, in my office, on the second floor, when my BO showed up for a visit!!!

The basement door was open, so she walked right in, must have jumped over one of my dogs who was lying by the stairs, then climbed up one floor to the living room, and one more floor to get to me!!! And she was pretty upset when I took her back outside ... (chickens are not allowed in the house).

I guess I do have a pet chicken after all...

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    great story!!!!

3. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    So cute!!! Your girls must really love you! Mine dont do that. Im jealous. [​IMG]

4. ChickenGirl165

ChickenGirl165 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    aww thats so cute! You are so lucky to have chickens that actually want to be near you. (might already understand whats going on with me [​IMG]) I grab the chicken put it in my lap and it flaps its wings, wack my face and i nearly die. lol

5. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    LOL So cute!!!

I was naughty and let all three of mine in the other day after the kids threw grated cheese and corn kernels all over the kitchen floor (it was easier than cleaning it up myself, and the kitchen door leads out into the yard). Now it's not uncommon to see a chookie face or two at the door when they're freeranging.

6. GoChick

GoChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Quote:LOL!

My dog is the official kitchen mop, when I need one...

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Aww, anybody that devoted to you should be rewarded! (Pet chicken, pet chicken [​IMG]

8. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    funny

9. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    Baa ha ha! [​IMG]

10. Twiggers96

Twiggers96 Chillin' With My Peeps