Crazy about Bantams and looking for pictures and info.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fjorddreamer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. fjorddreamer

fjorddreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Nova Scotia
    Hi,

I'm still new. So far, we just have our six beautiful Silkies but are planning on more chickens. I just recently went to a Poultry Show and loved seeing all the new colours. Some of the large breeds were absolutely gorgeous but I couldn't believe how big they were. I think I find them a bit intimidating so am thinking of sticking with bantams. I am, however, simply fascinated with Buff Orpingtons. Am I correct that there are bantam Orpingtons? Do any of you have pictures? Where can I find some? I'm located in Nova Scotia, Canada so that limits me, I think. But, I am open to getting hatching eggs, maybe. I have two broody Silkies right now! I also love cochins and wyandottes. Who has bantam Wyandottes?? I'd love to see pictures of those too. Man, this IS addictive!!! And, I LOVE this website. I've learned so much already!

2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    well i have buff orps. but they arent bantams. but i do know that there are buff orp. bantams. i do gowever have porcelain d'uccle bantams,
    roo:
    [​IMG]
    hen:
    [​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I don't have any orps yet but i do have cochin bantams, 1 partridge bantam, one dutch, one japanese bantam, bunch of seramas, light brahma and some mixed breeds of the above mentioned... the pic below is most of the outdoor bantams
    [​IMG]

Here are my seramas
    [​IMG]
    Some serama babies
    [​IMG]

4. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    [​IMG]
    I live in Canada to
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  5. encmanerabbitry

encmanerabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Yeah! A fellow Canadian! [​IMG]

[​IMG] If you check out my website I've got pics of the bantams I've got.

6. encmanerabbitry

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Chickenaddict I LOVE your Seramas! I want some so very badly!! But cannot find any here, I don't think I've even seen at shows here. [​IMG]

7. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I know you can buy hatching eggs on eggbid, and the lady who sold to me (fellow minnesotan) has pairs for sale right now if your interested. I will have some for sale in a few months when the babies grow up a bit but probably wont ship any until spring.
    http://www.geocities.com/foxhollowcalls/sales.html

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    If you look and then get some, you will become addicted to wyandotte bantams.......you've been warned. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. fjorddreamer

fjorddreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Nova Scotia
    These are all gorgeous birds. I saw a pair of d'uccle at the Poultry Show. They're beautiful too! I want them all. :) I'm trying to find bantam wyandotte, bantam buff orp, bantam cochins and I also like the feather-legged buff brahmas. I don't know where to find them!

10. encmanerabbitry

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Quote:Yea but no shipping to Canada [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's just not fair! lol

Maybe when you get some some eggs you can sell/send me some for "baking" [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by