Crazy Birds

Sgrrt

Chirping
Dec 7, 2019
My coop has 4 boxes for egg laying, 2 on bottom 2 on top. Some of my girls have decided to squeeze into same box literally almost sitting on top of one another.
should I build more boxes on the lower level witch they see to like the best?

My coop has 4 boxes for egg laying, 2 on bottom 2 on top. Some of my girls have decided to squeeze into same box literally almost sitting on top of one another.
I wouldn't add more boxes. You have plenty. When I had 10 layers they shared 2 nest boxes.
I once had 2 of them in the same box. Those girls are friends though and hang out together a lot.
My now 25 layers share 5 boxes and one of the boxes is rarely used. They all have their favorite box and want to use that one.

depends on how many you have, mine do that sometimes to even though they have plenty:)

Put a fake egg in each nest, that should 'spread the love'...
.... provided all nests are easy to for them to access.

Back
Top Bottom