Crazy--but I feel like a proud parent!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cjatthefarm, Jan 9, 2011.

1. cjatthefarm

cjatthefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Tucson
    This morning one of my 13 1/2 week old roos ran down the chute, flapped his wings---and went--'woota, woota wooooo!' [​IMG]

It wasn't 'clear'---but it was his first amazing attempt!!!!! [​IMG]

I AM SOOOO PROUD!!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    woota woota? that is so cute!

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Rooster puberty is such a touching moment. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. libertychicken

libertychicken Out Of The Brooder

I'd had them for 3 days when I had to get rid of one of my "hens" when HE started practicing crowing - the farmer I bought him from was embarrassed and happily traded him, just a mistake. But the adorable sound of that adolescent cock-a-doodle-doo, it was so cute! Wish I could have kept him.

My husband didn't believe me when I said I'd heard a crowing, so the next afternoon when I heard the roo practicing again I called my husband, got his voice mail - so I stayed hidden behind a corner, whispered "Listen to this!" into the voicemail then held the phone up so it would record the crowing - husband called me laughing an hour alter and said "Yep, I believe you now!"

Congrats on your boy's crow!

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't the best moment? [​IMG]

I remember when my Silkie boy started with 'the signs'. One morning I saw thim flap his wings and look up at me and I said, "Go ahead, I dare ya!" And then he let loose the most pathetic crow I've ever heard! He sounded like a baby! I was so surprised, I ran upstairs laughing and my mom asked if I was crying, because that crow sounded like a baby cry.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I have 3 roo's. I felt that way with everyone of them. I called everyone. People think I am crazy. I love my chickens. They get tired of hearing about them. But they make me happy. Along with my dogs, cats, goats. Love all of them. Congratulations

8. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    If that makes you crazy, then I'm a total nutter! I currently have a 9 week old cockrel trying to do his thing. the sounds that come out of that tiny little body are rediculous, but I'm so proud of him. I keep telling him he's going to be fine little roo one day and to keep practicing.

9. cjatthefarm

cjatthefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Tucson
    [​IMG] WE"RE ALL CRAZY!!! hahahahahaha! I told 4 people in Church today!! All friends--so they don't judge!! Beside, they know I'm lovin' my new endeavor. My Associate Pastor handed my NINE empty egg cartons--in lieu of the 'big moment'!!

My two little flocks are 13 weeks & 9 weeks--so eggs are a way off!

But, thanks for the good words! I am so proud of my young man! I have 4 roos, 2 will likely be headed for freezer camp, as you gals call it! But it will be fun to see who begins practice crowing next!!

10. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

lol! I love it when they first try to crow! [​IMG] Two of mine crowed at 4 wks old!!!! [​IMG] They're better than my one year old turken roo,Pip! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by